GSoC Week 13 - Wrapping Up

 This week I worked on two things,

 - Implemented the AI Tool OHIF component

- Minor bug fixes and logging


Implementing the AI Tool OHIF component



To give some context, in the OHIF viewer I had to add a button in the toolbar (refer "AI Tool" in the image above) that allows calling any of the existing AI models in the AI Model Service. Prior to this a component was implemented that takes a look at the metadata of the image and calls the respective model that was configured in the admin settings, but only one model could be called for a particular image. In a scenario where we would need to call two models for an image, say we have a model for identifying breast cancer region and another model for identifying type of cancer it would become impossible. We implement the AI Tool so that we can call a secondary or tertiary model.

This task was quiet difficult for me since I was new working in JS and also there were new components that I had to work with. I met with my mentor twice this week to resolve issues or get guidance whenever I was stuck with the task. A lot of the issues I faced were related to arguments not flowing between components and also rendering the outputs to the OHIF viewer. Finally after fixing issues and writing more code I was able to implement a working AI Tool component in the OHIF toolbar.


Minor bug fixes and logging

Along the way I had to fix a few bugs in the AI Model Service end. These were minor issues and were easily fixed. I also added a few more logging to the AI Model Service as I found them very necessary to easily debug issues that may occur or identify where the code fails.


Wrapping up GSoC,

This weekend I will have to update the GitLab docs of the LH Radiology docs on how to configure the settings, adding new models and mostly related to what I developed during GSoC period that will help developers configure. I will need to add more content as necessary.

I've already written a work submission document but I will need to edit it based on my current week's progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Summer of Code 2023: AI Model Service Auto Selection by Modality - Final Report

GSoC Week 1

My First GSoC - LibreHealth Community Bonding Period